Remove bandage after 1-2 hours, wash lightly with anti-bacterial fragrance free soap (Dial is what i recommend) and air dry.
After first night, wash three – four times daily then lightly apply vitamin A & D ointment or 100% natural healing ointment*
- When the tattoo starts to peel like a sunburn, apply a fragrance free, dye free lotion (Aveeno or Lubriderm is what i recommend) as needed.
- Avoid scratching or picking at the tattoo.
- Avoid soaking for long periods of time (no bath or swimming in pools or lake water) for 2 weeks.
- Showering is O.K. but avoid long term soaking.
- Avoid direct sunlight for 2 weeks after tattoo has healed, apply sunscreen to keep tattoo protected.
- Always make sure hands are clean before touching your new tattoo.
- Common sense will tell you to treat it like an open wound.
Follow as directed and there should be no problems.
*I sell a 100% natural healing ointment, as seen below, at my studio. I highly recommend purchasing this because it promotes quicker healing time, longevity of tattoo, enhances color, relieves itching, minimizes scabs, doesn’t clog pores, and petroleum free. It’s $5 for a 2oz tin.
Signs of infection:
Redness around the tattoo, drainage or tenderness for more than 3-5 days.
Please consult a physician in this case or feel free to call me at 515-326-0280